way back on january 2nd i finished my miranda (rav link) sweater. it then sat for approximately a month and a half waiting to be blocked, and then it took another two weeks to get around to taking some photos... but she's finished, and here she is:
ta da! my main concern while knitting was that the yarn would be too busy and the pattern would get lost, i think that happened just a little bit, but in the end i don't seem to mind so much.
the yarn, which i won in a blogaversary giveaway from the lovely kathy over at works in progress, is the amazing araucania magallanes (rav link), 100% wool, and perfectly warm and snuggly. now it did state right on the label that i should alternate skeins every other row to avoid drastic color changes within each skein... but that sounded like too much work to me, so i didn't do that. you can tell quite clearly where i switched skeins. it's a little obnoxious, but in the end i don't seem to mind too much.
it's also rather big on me... this is a result of my own body image issues. even if i had measured myself i would not have believed i didn't need to make the XL size. (i could write for pages about working on over coming my own body issues mostly because i don't want to see lily picking up anything negative from me (she'll get enough of that from society in general) and so i have been making a conscious effort to accept and even love my curves... but i digress... back to the sweater)
so yes, the sweater is bulkier than i would have liked it to be, partially because i made too large a size, but also because the pattern doesn't have waist shaping. it doesn't fit exactly how i'd like, but in the end i don't seem to mind so much.
this sweater is warm, and bright, and wooly, and even though it has its faults i really am happy with it, and have worn it out and about a number of times already!